Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Italian Sweet-and-Sour Chicken

OK, I have a confession to make. Some times I try new recipes and they don't turn out. As I've been cooking more and more, it's easier to look at a recipe and have an idea if the flavor work together or if it will be something I'll like to eat. Last week, I pulled a few recipes some higher-end cooking magazines that feature recipes from famous chefs. I had some success, but I also had a couple failed dishes. At one point in the week, I threw away two dinners in a row and we ate grilled cheese for dinner. I didn't burn the dinner, under cook it, or drop it on the floor. I just didn't like the way it tasted (my husband also agreed with me so at least it wasn't just me!).

This recipe was one of the successes of the week. I didn't have much faith given my previous experience last week, but I thought I would give it a shot. Surprisingly, it tasted REALLY, REALLY good. The chicken was super juicy from cooking it in a mixture of red wine, vinegar, and freshly squeezed orange juice. It was sweet, yet tangy and was perfect with the veggies that were braised in the same liquid.

LESSON LEARNED: Don't be discouraged when recipes don't turn out the way you expect them to.

Recipe for Italian Sweet-and-Sour Chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment