Friday, February 10, 2012

Nacho Burgers

Yes - these YUMMY dish combines two of my favorite foods - nachos and burgers! They were quick and simple to prepare too...

First, I made a quick salsa with tomato, onion, a chipotle chili, and cilantro. Then, I whipped up a quick cheese sauce using Monterey Jack and Parmesan cheese. As I cooked the burgers, I let the cheese sauce cool so it became incredibly thick and spreadable. I pulled out our indoor grill pan to make the burgers, but you could easily grill them outside too.

The key to this burger is the assembly. Stack the burger on a lightly toasted bun, then topped with a generous amount of cheese sauce. Next, top the cheese with salsa and pickled jalapeno if you like a little spice. Finally, the burger is topped off with tortilla chips. I initially crushed up tortilla chips, but my husband and I both decided that adding whole tortilla chips was the way to go. The chips added a great crunch and really reminded me nachos.

LESSON LEARNED: Add whole tortilla chips on top of this burger to get maximum crunch!

Recipe for Nacho Burgers

No comments:

Post a Comment