Thursday, February 16, 2012

Spinach Lasagna

Oh man! This is comfort food at it's best. This lasagna is super creamy and cheesy with layers of Parmesan bechamel sauce, pureed cottage cheese, and shredded Fontina cheese. Spinach, garlic, and shallots add to the flavors of rich lasagna.

This isn't a traditional lasagna with layers of meat and tomato sauce. My husband was skeptical at first when I said I was making lasagna sans tomato sauce. But, as I assembled the lasagna and the aroma of it baking filled the house, he quickly became a believer in the yummy-ness of this type of lasagna. The hardest part of the lasagna is waiting for it to cool after it bakes. You definitely need to let it set so you can cleanly cut a piece out of the pan. It WILL be a big mess if you don't wait - not that I know from experience or anything like that :)

LESSON LEARNED: Even though this lasagna isn't what you typically think of when you say lasagna (or as psychologists would say "your schema of lasagna"), it tastes wonderful!

Recipe for Spinach Lasagna

2 comments:

  1. I did this recipe tonight and it was delicious!!! Thanks for sharing.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete