Thursday, March 8, 2012

Cheddar Cheese Chicken Pot Pies

Whenever it rains I feel like comfort food. I think it's because makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside whenever it's cold and damp outside. Last week, it was cold outside and I was in the mood for this chicken pot pie: especially after I thought about the delicious lobster pot pie I made last month. :)

I made individual pot pies because I feel that this achieves the right crust to filling ratio (being food nerds, my husband and I have frequent conversations about the correct ratio of ingredients in many dishes I make!). Instead of using a plain pie crust recipe, I decided to add in a good amount of shredded cheddar cheese. This was definitely a great decision! While these guys were in the oven, the whole house smelled like cheddar cheese crackers. Seriously! I used up some cooked chicken from a roasted chicken along with my homemade chicken stock and some leftover veggies from the refrigerator. This is the way I like to use leftovers! DELICIOUS!


LESSON LEARNED: When adding cheddar cheese to the pie crust, mix it after the dough is formed. If you mix it in before the water, it makes the cheese stick together and not distribute evenly throughout the dough.

Recipe for Cheddar Cheese Pot Pies

No comments:

Post a Comment