Friday, March 2, 2012

Orange Roughy in Paper

This dish looks deceptively fancy. It's really easy to make and extremely versatile. For example, I used orange roughy, but you could use any whitefish. For the veggies, I used zucchini, yellow squash, onion, red pepper, and green pepper, but you could use any veggies you have on hand.

The fish and veggies are encased in parchment paper with a slice of lemon and white wine, then baked in a hot oven until the fish is gently steamed. The fish was buttery, light, and slightly lemony. The veggies were swimming in a white wine sauce. So DELICIOUS!

Incidentally, the recipe idea came from Anne Burrell's Cook Like a Rock Star cookbook and after I tasted the fish, I proceeded to dance in the kitchen signing "I cooked like a rock star". Sometimes I get a little excited when I make good food :)

 LESSON LEARNED: Steaming fish in parchment paper adds a ton of flavor! Shhh...don't tell anyone that this could be considered diet food!

Recipe for Orange Roughy in Paper

No comments:

Post a Comment