Friday, February 24, 2012

Roasted Salmon with Whole-Grain Mustard Crust

Before moving to Arizona to attend graduate school, I never ate much salmon (or a lot of the other foods I've come to love!). One of my graduate school friends introduced me to oven roasted salmon at our weekly dinner get-togethers. Even though we now live hundreds of miles apart, I still think of her when I make salmon.

This recipe is super simple and can be easily adjusted to taste. The mustard crust only contains 3 ingredients: whole-grain mustard, minced chives, and olive oil. Once you season the salmon filets with salt and pepper, you spread as much of the mustard crust as you want on top and let it roast (i.e. bake) in the oven. Then, you finish off the salmon by broiling it so the mustard turns a deep brown. When we ate this dinner, I rounded out the meal with steamed green beans and buttered fresh fettuccine noodles. ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!

 LESSON LEARNED: Roasting is an easy way to prepare salmon! When it gets closer to summer, I'll share my favorite cedar plank grilled salmon recipe :)

Recipe for Roasted Salmon with Whole-Grain Mustard Crust

No comments:

Post a Comment