Monday, March 5, 2012

Roasted Tomatoes

This is my absolute favorite way to eat tomatoes in the middle of winter! They are so DELICIOUS and SIMPLE to prepare. I sliced Roma tomatoes in half and sprinkled them with salt/pepper and olive oil. Then, I roasted them in a low temperature oven until they appeared dried out and smaller.

The tomato flavor is very concentrated and tastes 1000 times better than their fresh counterpart during the winter months. Sometimes I used cherry tomatoes (they just take less time to bake) and sometimes I drizzle them with pure maple syrup (they are additively sweet like candy). You could toss them in pasta or on top of a salad. There are so many possibilities!


LESSON LEARNED: This is such a simple preparation, but the results make you look like a culinary genius!

Recipe for Roasted Tomatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment