Friday, March 30, 2012

Carbonara with Bacon

Carbonara is definitely not a new, inventive dish, but it's a new dish for me to make at home. I'm not the biggest fan of eggs, so I never order carbonara in a restaurant. I decided to make it at home figuring that I could always eat something else if I didn't like it. I was pleasantly surprised with the taste!

The flavors of this dish are a little deceiving if you don't know how it's made. Justin asked me if it had butter or cream in it because the sauce was creamy, buttery, and very smooth. The recipe has no butter or cream - just egg yolks tossed hot pasta along with a touch of pasta cooking water, a tiny bit of fat from the bacon drippings, and salty Parmesan cheese. I also mixed in some crispy bacon and topped the dish was freshly ground black pepper. It was DELICIOUS!

LESSON LEARNED: Reheat any leftovers of this pasta very gently. If you are not carefully, the eggs with conceal to create a scrambled egg sauce.

Recipe for Carbonara with Bacon

No comments:

Post a Comment