Friday, April 13, 2012

Sauteed Broccolini

Did you know that broccolini is a cross between broccoli and Chinese kale (called gailon)? Nope, neither did I until I read the label on a couple of bunches of broccolini that I bought at the store last week. This post is part of my quest to try a new vegetable every week.

To prepare this veggie side dish, I heated some olive oil in a saute pan with a smashed garlic clove. Once the oil was hot, I discarded the garlic clove, add the broccolini, salt, and red pepper flakes. After cooking them for a few minutes while tossing them in the hot olive oil, I transferred them to a plate and sprinkled with Parmesan cheese. Really, this entire dish took about 5 minutes! It was super easy and pretty healthy too!

LESSON LEARNED: Cook this vegetable quickly so it stays crisp and bright green.

Recipe for Sauteed Broccolini

No comments:

Post a Comment