Monday, April 9, 2012

Chicken Toastadas

Last week, I made a roasted chicken and needed a way to use up the leftovers. I first made chicken stock from the bones, but then I came across this recipe for a Mexican inspired dish. The recipe used a homemade roasted tomato chile de Arbol salsa, and since I'm a sucker for good Mexican food, I thought I would give it a shot. The salsa ended up tasting slightly smokey (from charring tomatoes in the oven) and a little spicy from the dried chile de Arbol peppers. My leftover roasted chicken stewed in this silky smooth salsa and was layered over toastada shells, homemade fried beans, cojita cheese, sliced radishes, and sour cream.


LESSON LEARNED: You could take this recipe and modify it to include as many pre-made (salsa, refried beans) or homemade ingredients as you want.

Recipe for Chicken Toastadas

No comments:

Post a Comment