Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Pork with Grapes & Tarragon

This dish looks deceptively fancy but is surprisingly easy to make. I made it for dinner one day when I wasn't really in the mood to cook, but I didn't want to go out to eat. As I was eating this meal, I kept smiling and remarking on how I was glad that I decided to make this new recipe.

Boneless pork chops are first seared and cooked in a medium hot saute pan. Then, a quick sauce is made by browning grapes, then adding minced onions and a pinch of sugar. Vinegar and red wine are added to the pan along with chicken stock and reduced into a quick sauce. Finally, the pork chops are added back to the pan to briefly simmer in the sauce and topped with fresh tarragon. It's really that easy and takes about 20 minutes.

I served the pork chops with mashed sweet potatoes and roasted asparagus. So YUMMY and really COLORFUL! :)

LESSON LEARNED: Quick cooking dinners can look fancy and time consuming.

Recipe for Pork with Grapes and Tarragon

No comments:

Post a Comment