Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter Round Up

Whew! It's been a hectic couple of weeks. On top of moving in, unpacking, and doing small DIY home improvement projects, I decided to host Easter lunch at our new house. Whenever I'm asked to host anything, I get really excited and tend to go overboard with the amount of dishes I plan to make. That's why I started baking Friday night, prepared make ahead dishes Saturday afternoon and evening, and finished hot food Sunday morning. It was a lot of time in the kitchen, but I really enjoyed having my family over.

On the savory side, we had honey baked ham, mashed potatoes, frizzled Brussels sprouts, Strawberry salad with homemade Poppy seed dressing, potato salad, broccoli salad, cheese tortellini with Spring veggies, ciabatta bread, and rustic rolls.

Since I was hosting and trying to set everything up, these aren't the best pictures, but they give you an idea.





LESSON LEARNED: Making dishes ahead of time saves on last minute stressing and preparation.

No comments:

Post a Comment