Wednesday, January 25, 2012

White Pizza with Caramelized Onions & Chicken

I'm someone who loves to peruse recipes, make detail shopping lists, and go to the grocery store. I plan out five meals a week (plus an assortment of desserts!). By the time Friday comes around, I have usually made everything that I've planned for the week.

Last Friday, I didn't have anything planned for dinner, so I decided to make something out of what we had at the house. Here's what I came up with!

First, I've been wanting to try a new pizza dough recipe. I have a stand-by homemade pizza dough recipe, but I saw this recipe in a book and was very intrigued. In this recipe, you don't have to knead the dough and you simply mix it up in a bowl, cover it, let it rise, and store it in the refrigerator up to two weeks. It's super easy to make - especially if you normally don't make homemade dough! Next, I cooked an onion over low heat in a saute pan until it became brown and super-sweet. Then, I thinly sliced a cooked chicken breast I had leftover from the week. Finally, I made a simple parmesan cheese sauce by cooking together butter and flour, adding milk while whisking until thick, and gently stirring in grated parmesan cheese. DELICIOUS!

I probably should have waited a few more minutes until slicing, but it looked so good! Plus, my husband was in charge of putting the cheese on the pizza (he likes extra cheese), so it definitely looks like there's a ton of cheese in this picture. :)

LESSON LEARNED: This pizza dough recipe is super simple (really, it's about 2 minutes of hands-on time)!

Recipe for White Pizza with Caramelized Onions and Chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment