Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Carnitas with Spicy Salsa

I feel in love with Mexican food when I lived in Arizona. Now that I'm in Ohio, it's a lot harder to find good Mexican food, so I frequently make my own. This recipe is super flavorful and satisfies my cravings for Mexican food.

The carnitas are simply pieces of pork which are first browned in a skillet and cooked in slow cooker with some onions & garlic. While the pork is cooking, I dry roasted tomato, shallot, and serrano chilies in a cast iron skillet until charred. Next, I transferred the vegetables to a blender, added chicken stock, and seasoned with salt & pepper. This salsa was super easy to make (no chopping required!) and had a good level of heat because of the chillies.

LESSON LEARNED: Mexican food is easy to make at home!

Recipe for Carnitas with Spicy Salsa

No comments:

Post a Comment