Thursday, January 19, 2012

Welcome to my blog!

Over the last three months I've had so much fun posting on my dessert blog, that I decided to start another blog which focuses on savory food! Not only do I bake a ton of sweet treats, I also cook homemade dinners about 5-6 times a week.

Although I've always had an interest in baking, I started seriously cooking about three years ago. Before that, I used to eat a lot of processed or packaged foods. For example, my "signature dish" was boxed pasta salad (adding giant chunks of cheddar cheese or chopped tomatoes!).

Oh how far I've come! When we lived close to friends, I began to host 5 course dinner parties. I now make everything from scratch: from pasta to stocks to sauces. I've determined that cooking takes a lot of practice, a little patience, and a touch of creativity. It's my goal to inspire you to cook something new and to share the tricks that I've learned along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment